Self introduction

 To Professor Brad,

The purpose of this letter is to share about myself such as my reason for choosing mechanical engineering, my strengths, and shortcomings which are one of my goals that I want to work on with this module. I hope that my contribution and participation in class will be able to leave a lasting impression not only on you, but also my other classmates.

I was previously from Ngee Ann Polytechnic and had graduated with a diploma in aerospace technology with a minor in business management. I had chosen to study mechanical engineering in Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT), as I wanted to enter a more general field of study, which provides more flexibility in the future.

Personally, I consider myself to be an extroverted introvert. I open up and speak more, only when I deem the environment comfortable. I consider this to be one of my flaws as I expect myself to be situated in new, unfamiliar environments while having to perform under pressure. However, I view having flaws as goals to work on. I am a person that values self-improvement and having goals sets a direction that I can work towards in refining one’s self.

As mentioned earlier, one of my goals for this module is to work on self-confidence, while the other being having the ability to sustain a discussion/presentation in front of an audience with little to no preparation. Being inquisitive by nature, I seek new learning experiences which differentiates me from others. I consider learning to be development opportunities to grow my skill sets. Thus Far, UCS as a module has been intriguing and insightful for me. I hope to come out of these 12 weeks to be well-informed and perceptive.

With regards,
Yeo Javier

Comments

  1. Hi Javier
    Thank you for sharing abit about yourself, allowing me to know you better. Good effort on the part you shared about your flaw as I feel that it takes a lot of courage to do so.

    In terms of structure, I feel that each paragraphs was well organised with a good flow to it. I was able to understand what you are writing almost immediately. It tackles all the requirements of the rubrics with no grammar mistakes.

    I enjoyed reading this letter and I hope you will achieve your goals for this module.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Javier, very well written introductory letter which allowed me to know you more. Content and grammar wise it seems good to me as I am not able to find any major outstanding error.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the overall flow of the content of the letter. It was very clear and concise and i was able to understand on the get go the overall purpose of the letter. The sentences were well structured and very informative. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Javier,

    Thank you for this concise letter and the personal sharing. I appreciate the content focus as you have overviewed that in the first sentence. You've done a decent job addressing the brief and providing supporting information that allows us readers to gain a clearer understanding of who you are. That being said, I feel that there is some room in this post for more detail and greater clarity.

    1. lack of clarity/specificity
    -- ...and shortcomings which are one of my goals that I want to work on with this module. > (How is it that shortcomings are a goal?)
    -- ...which provides more flexibility in the future. > (meaning? Be more explicit in terms of what flexibility means to you.)
    -- ...unfamiliar environments while having to perform under pressure.... > (meaning? Clarify the environments you're alluding to and the idea of having to perform under pressure. What sort of pressure?)
    -- well-informed and perceptive > (You could clarify this with a specific example. Perceptive in terms of what?)
    2. use of caps
    -- Thus Far, ... > ?

    Overall your language use is quite clear, but more detail will add value to this introduction.

    I look forward to working with you further this term.

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paraphrasing of professional quote

Summary reader response final draft

Summary/Reader Response Draft #1